Comware

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

Posted Dec 26, 2017 12:33 PM

I want to know how do i restore a configuration file to the 1920s switch. I just couldn't find the option on the webpage. 

Can i resore a 1920 configuration file to the 1920s?

• 2.  RE: Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

Posted Dec 26, 2017 12:42 PM

You cannot restore 1920 configuration to 1920s because it is absolutely different device. 1920 is comware-based and 1920S is exProcurveAruba-based. 

For configuration restore you must use Backup and update manager in GUI. Here you can upload/download firmware and also configuration.

• 3.  RE: Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

Posted Dec 26, 2017 12:51 PM

Michal, always when I try to download the configuration file from the switch to edit it on a text editor, it gives me the following error. 

So, you are saying that when I use the update option, it updates the configuration file and already restores the switch configuration?

• 4.  RE: Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

Posted Dec 27, 2017 10:58 AM

I also get that attached error message.  Anyone figure out a way to backup the settings on the HPE 1920S? 

• 5.  RE: Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

Posted Dec 28, 2017 01:45 PM

@JoMa1 just solved this problem updating the firmware to the 01.07 version. 

You cand find the download here -> PD.01.07

After updating the firmware, on the configuration files option under the maintenance menu, you have to select the running conguration file on the source and the backup file on the destiny. After this process, the current configuration that is running on the switch will be copied to the backup configuration file. Then you can download it, it won't show you the error anymore. Works just fine!

Regards 

• 6.  RE: Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

Posted Jan 12, 2018 01:29 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to update the firmware for the past 2hours and it keeps failing. Could anyone post the steps.

From the backup and update manager menu I selected Backup code and attepted to upload PD.01.07.stk, but it failes with the same error that was mention above.

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: Restore configuration file on 1920s switch

Posted Jan 15, 2018 10:12 AM

@nacoleon Go to Maintenance,  Backup and Update Manager, and then HTTP Update(not Backup) option. The window will be like the attached one. After you choose the file, just click on "begin transfer". It should reboot the switch and update the firmware. About the error, i have never had in this option. 

switch.JPG