Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

RPVST spanning tree issues,

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  RPVST spanning tree issues,

Posted Jan 16, 2024 10:47 AM
    Hello Switching Gurus,
    I have a 2tier network with 2x5406rzl2 (VSF mode) connected to many 1xAruba switches 6200 in different IDF locations, all uplinks are LACP. // RVPST enabled on all ports,
    all looks good until 1xIDF/Switch becomes unreachable and all ports/services connected to it go down.
    to make things work, we put bpdu-filter on all ports, and we've noticed some services are reachable, but the switch itself is still not,
    going through logs what I can notice is a lot of lldpd events, and I've also noticed that the 6200 switch is the root for all VLANs,
    you will ask me about the priority assigned per VLAN, I've put core switch lower priority then all the other switch so I can have my core as root all the time.
    - what do you think guys about that behavior?
    - what are debug cmds I have to enable and show cmds needed to see what s going on,
    - any best practice steps to follow?
    to make things work, we put bpdu-filter on all ports, and we've noticed some services are reachable, but the switch itself is still not,

• 2.  RE: RPVST spanning tree issues,

Posted Jan 30, 2024 05:50 PM

I'd use these show& debug commands : 

show spanning-tree
    show lldp info remote-device
    show lldp info local-device
    show lacp

debug spanning-tree
    debug lldp packet

would also like to know the firmware version on the switch. Best practices would be to check the LACP configuration on the uplink ports to ensure proper aggregation and redundancy also double-checking VLAN configurations on both the core and edge switches might help