Comware

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Expand all | Collapse all

SNMP Monitoring TRILL Network on 5900?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SNMP Monitoring TRILL Network on 5900?

Posted Dec 18, 2019 07:23 PM

I've recently purchased a few of these 5900 switches and they are great! The TRILL function allows us to build redundant networks without needing a horrible ring topology.   The only problem I can't figure out, is how to monitor the status of a TRILL neighbor in SNMP.

I've searched and searched the mibs, but I cannot find an OID that changes when a neighbor goes up/down. Do I need to enable SNMP for TRILL in the config? Or am I just not seeing it.

Thank you!

#snmp
    #TRILL
    #oid

• 2.  RE: SNMP Monitoring TRILL Network on 5900?

Posted Dec 19, 2019 02:43 AM

Hi,

I can recommend that you read the: "HPE FlexFabric 5940 & 5930 Switch Series TRILL Configuration Guide"

In the section "Configuring SNMP for TRILL" it says that Trill uses the IS-IS MIB, and that you have to specify a context name to make it work as intended.

EDIT : I think they refer to the "rfc4444-isis.mib" in the /HPE(hh3c)/MIBs/ folder of the latest MIB.zip (v11)

Regards

• 3.  RE: SNMP Monitoring TRILL Network on 5900?

Posted Dec 19, 2019 08:55 PM

Thank you Søren! I missed this step somehow. I will try it tomorrow.

-Ryan

• 4.  RE: SNMP Monitoring TRILL Network on 5900?

Posted Dec 24, 2019 09:17 AM

FYI - After much testing, it appears this configuration is only for sending of traps. I've tried it every way, the HP does not answer to OID 1.3.6.1.2.1.138 (RFC 4444 isisMIB) after setting the context name.

The manual even states "After you enable SNMP notification sending for TRILL", I guess polling the mib is not available. Has anyone else run into this?

-Ryan