Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

SNMP Support on CX

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  SNMP Support on CX

Posted 3 days ago

I have found that my CX switches, running 10.10.1060 and 1070 don't populate the SNMP OSPF MIB, but that MIB is included in the download package for those switches.

I have searched but cannot find any resource that lists which MIBs are supported, but all I can find are changes listed in the release notes.

Is there anywhere I can go to find out which MIBS are supported so I can tell whether this is a bug or just lack of functionality?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: SNMP Support on CX

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 2 days ago

As the CX operating system has been fully designed from the ground up around a modern architecture with API technology, retrieving information via the API is the preferred method.

If the OSPF features are in the MIB, then I would expect that they work as well. As I would not expect many people to have tried this specific part, if there is no further answer here, it may be something that you could ask Support.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: SNMP Support on CX

Posted 2 days ago

Thanks Herman, the API is a great way to go but unfortunately I am not able to modify the monitoring packages we use, to take advantage of Aruba's latest features, so I am stuck with standards-based solutions using 1970's protocols :o(

I have raised a case with TAC