Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution

[SOLVED] Problem connecting to E2810-48G console port from Linux server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  [SOLVED] Problem connecting to E2810-48G console port from Linux server

Posted May 23, 2012 09:19 PM

I ran into (and solved) a problem today which has been bugging me for a while. I've found that some of the newer ProCurve switches will display output on the console when connected to a Linux box using minicom, but would not accept input.  When booting the switch with the serial port set to 9600 8N1, it would display the boot ROM and OS load, and get to the message "Waiting for Speed Sense.  Press <Enter> twice to continue.", and no input would be accepted.

I played around with some settings and found that minicom defaults to using hardware flow control, which does not seem to be supported on the E2810. I turned this off and it worked fine.  Just thought i would document it here for search engine posterity.

#serial
    #hardware
    #minicom
    #linux
    #Console
    #flowcontrol