Network Management

View Only
last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

SSH and TLS errors messages within IMC for Aruba switches

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  SSH and TLS errors messages within IMC for Aruba switches

Posted Nov 09, 2023 06:17 PM

Hi All,

Recently, i have updates the config on our switches to remove snmpv2 and just use snmpv3. I have noticed that on all those switches, every day i am getting warning messages within IMC stating:

00419 auth: Invalid user name/password on SSH session User '_STATUS_' is trying to login from x.x.x.x (our IMC server IP)

Looking at the switch logs at the time of the error i can see a warning and info errors below:

W 11/09/23 16:16:29 00419 auth: Invalid user name/password on SSH session User
                '_STATUS_' is trying to login from x.x.x.x
    I 11/09/23 16:16:24 00469 ssl: User :TLS connection failed for WEB-UI session
                from x.x.x.x (13 times in 60 seconds)

However, when i test the SSH connection to the switch (which is just authentication mode password), it tests fine.

The switches are primarily 2530s (firmware 16_11_0014) and IMC is 7.3 (E0710)

Can someone please let me know how i can resolve these 2 errors (without having to filter the traps), and in particular where the user STATUS is referencing from

Regards,

James

• 2.  RE: SSH and TLS errors messages within IMC for Aruba switches

Posted Nov 30, 2023 06:20 AM

Hello

Try changing hashing and/or ciphers in IMC

------------------------------
    Frederic MEUNIER
    ------------------------------