Comware

View Only
last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Struggling with Rack Server and Aruba Switch 6200. Any Advice?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Struggling with Rack Server and Aruba Switch 6200. Any Advice?

Posted 4 hours ago

Hi everyone,

I'm currently facing some issues with my rack server setup and an Aruba Switch 6200. I'm relatively new to managing network hardware and could really use some advice from those more experienced.

Here are some details about my setup:

• Rack Server: Lenovo ThinkSystem SR650, Dual Intel Xeon Gold 5218, 64GB RAM, 2x 1TB NVMe SSD
    • Aruba Switch 6200: Running the latest firmware (version 10.07)

The Issues:

1. Connectivity Problems: The server intermittently loses connection to the network. This happens sporadically, and I can't seem to pinpoint the cause.
    2. Configuration Challenges: I'm struggling with the initial configuration of the Aruba switch. The documentation is helpful but can be a bit overwhelming.
    3. Performance: When the connection does work, the performance seems subpar. I'm not sure if this is due to a configuration issue or something else.

Steps I've Taken:

• Updated the firmware on the Aruba switch
    • Checked and replaced cables to rule out physical connection issues
    • Tried different ports on the switch

Despite these efforts, the issues persist. Has anyone else encountered similar problems? Are there specific settings or configurations on the Aruba Switch 6200 that I should be aware of? Any troubleshooting tips or resources you could recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!