Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Teams Rooms audio interruption after InstantOS upgrade on AP-515

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Teams Rooms audio interruption after InstantOS upgrade on AP-515

Posted 4 days ago

Hi,

We are currently using AP-515 and have upgraded the InstantOS version from 8.6.0.7 to 8.10.0.10. Virtual Controller was used as the controller and the upgrade was performed using Airwave.

Since the upgrade, I have been experiencing frequent audio interruptions of about 1 second in Teams Rooms using the ThinkSmart Hub Gen 2. No changes other than the upgrade have been made, and Teams Rooms connected to an AP (under a different VC) that has not been upgraded have not experienced the problem.
    The traffic during meetings in Teams Rooms is around 5-10 Mbps, with almost zero traffic from other devices connected to the same AP.

Please let me know of any possible causes, bug information, or workarounds.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Teams Rooms audio interruption after InstantOS upgrade on AP-515

Posted 4 days ago

Aruba upgraded AirGroup to v2.0 with 8.10.0.0. It broke some things, though my experience was with on campus and controllers, rather than Instant. Possibly some config changes can get your speakers audio working again

Here's a basic doc telling of the change:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_8.10.0_Web_Help/Content/arubaos-solutions/airgroup/agrp-over.htm

------------------------------
    Steve Bohrer
    IT Infrastructure, Emerson College
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Teams Rooms audio interruption after InstantOS upgrade on AP-515

Posted 2 days ago
    Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.
    We have disabled AirGroup, so I'm wondering if it is not directly related to the impact of this issue. We have also investigated other changes in default values but have not found any settings that might be affected.

```
    airgroup
     disable

airgroupservice airplay
     disable
     description AirPlay

airgroupservice airprint
     disable
     description AirPrint
    ```