Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

tunnel vap and bridge vap same ap group question

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  tunnel vap and bridge vap same ap group question

Posted Mar 13, 2023 08:27 AM

hi dear 

If there are both tunnel ssid and bridge ssid under one AP group, will there be any problems in use?

Because this kind of situation has not been encountered in the project, we generally separate the two modes into different ap groups.

------------------------------
    leo ma

• 2.  RE: tunnel vap and bridge vap same ap group question

Posted Mar 14, 2023 08:23 AM

Hi, no problem at all having 2 ssids with diferent types in the same group. It's common.

Edit: Assuming the SSIDs are different, just the type is different

Regards

• 3.  RE: tunnel vap and bridge vap same ap group question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2023 10:54 AM

In my experience, configuring the same SSID in the same Ap-group registers an error.  If this is not prevented and you are broadcasting the same SSID twice in the same Ap-group, how would you know or control which one you are connecting to?

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card

• 4.  RE: tunnel vap and bridge vap same ap group question

Posted Mar 15, 2023 03:59 AM

hi ,is not same ssid,only same ap-group,The bridge mode encryption and decryption are all in the AP. I don't know if it will be a problem if it is mixed with the tunnel.

is this

leo ma

• 5.  RE: tunnel vap and bridge vap same ap group question

Posted Mar 15, 2023 03:54 AM

thank you

leo ma

• 6.  RE: tunnel vap and bridge vap same ap group question

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2023 05:59 AM

I apologize for not understanding.  Yes, you can do that. 

Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

HPE Design and Deploy Guides: https://community.arubanetworks.com/support/migrated-knowledge-base?attachments=&communitykey=dcc83c62-1a3a-4dd8-94dc-92968ea6fff1&pageindex=0&pagesize=12&search=&sort=most_recent&viewtype=card