Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

Two 5400R zl2 VSF and Distributed Trunking

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Two 5400R zl2 VSF and Distributed Trunking

Posted Apr 19, 2018 08:51 AM

Hi all,
    I have a question regarding VSF and distributed trunking.
    At the moment I wasn´t able to find the requested information for my problem.

We have four 5406R switches.
    Two in data center 1 and the other two in data center 2.

The Access switches are now connected to each data center with one link in active-passive mode.
    (the second link is blocked by spanning-tree)

Now we are thinking about creating a VSF pair for each data center.
    The pivotal question is, if it is possbile and supported to create a Distributed trunking pair out of the two VSF clusters.

That would allow us to connect the Access switch with a single LACP trunk with one link at data center 1 and the second at data center 2.

regards
    Daniel

#vsf
    #distributedtrunking
    #5400R

• 2.  RE: Two 5400R zl2 VSF and Distributed Trunking

MVP GURU
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 08:42 AM

Hello @Xerox, as already answered on the Aruba Airheads Community Forum (here), the answer is No, DT Distributed Trunking is mutually exclusive with VSF (or Vice-Versa). You can't create an ISC Link between two separate VSF stacks to make them to behave like two physical single Switches configured for/with DT-ISC.

• 3.  RE: Two 5400R zl2 VSF and Distributed Trunking

Posted Apr 23, 2018 04:03 AM

Hi parnassus,

thanks for your answer.