Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

unable to join AP 505 with the 305 Virtual controller 6.5.4.4

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  unable to join AP 505 with the 305 Virtual controller 6.5.4.4

Posted 13 hours ago

I'm unable to join two new AP 505 aps  to the virtual controller. Auto Join is already enable. The IP also been add and same segment with current AP. 

My current environment I have 11 Aruba AP's 305 and one is a victual controller, the AP's are attached to poe switches. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

• 2.  RE: unable to join AP 505 with the 305 Virtual controller 6.5.4.4

Posted 12 hours ago

For multiple AP models to be part of the same Instant cluster, all APs should run the same firmware version. From the WLAN platform matrix (or other information sources), you can see that the AP 500 series need Instant 8.6 or newer. You should upgrade the existing cluster to a common shared version for the 305 and 505, where 8.10 (LSR) would be a good version if you don't need the latest features.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------