Security

View Only
last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Use OnGuard settings to block sharing internet connection from PC

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Use OnGuard settings to block sharing internet connection from PC

Posted Jan 23, 2024 07:16 AM

Hello Mates,

When configuring OnGuard SHV pluging, i noticed that there are some features that can prevent from using PC as a hotspot to share internet connection to other devices.

When i tried to configure it, i still can use my pc as a hotspot. Is there some specific configuration i should  do, in order to block it ?

Please note that the " check for network connection types" bottom is unchecked.

Thank you everyone.

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Use OnGuard settings to block sharing internet connection from PC

Posted Feb 12, 2024 05:11 AM

If you can create a script on your computer to check this condition, you can use a 'Custom Script' for OnGuard.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------