Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

V-M200 disconnection.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Feb 16, 2011 06:51 AM

I'm experiencing a major issue with a V-M200 brand new AP.

It is physically located just outside a room, beyond a glass-wall. There are 5 laptops connected, all them are 802.11n compatible and the AP is set in order to work on channel 10. The laptops are obviously in the room but they are in line of sight with the AP and the signal strenght is in all the cases "Very good" (this is also confirmed by the AP - Signal is -55db and SNR is 36). The problem arise at least 5 to 10 times a day: the connection is lost (and conseuentially Outlook and other real-time apps stuck).

If I browse the System log, I continuosly got messages as follow:

2011-02-16 08:50:36 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 08:50:46 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 08:50:46 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 08:51:14 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 08:51:15 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Re-Association Success [event repeated 2 times]

2011-02-16 09:17:21 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success [event repeated 2 times]

2011-02-16 09:17:23 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success [event repeated 3 times]

2011-02-16 09:19:16 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 09:19:19 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success [event repeated 4 times]

2011-02-16 09:32:02 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Re-Association Success

2011-02-16 09:32:02 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 09:32:36 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Sent deauthenticate to station(Reason: Previous Authentication no longer valid)

2011-02-16 09:33:23 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 09:33:23 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 09:33:36 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 09:33:36 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 09:43:22 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Disassociate received(Reason: Sending station is leaving BSS)

2011-02-16 09:43:33 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 09:43:33 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 09:44:20 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Sent deauthenticate to station(Reason: Previous Authentication no longer valid)

2011-02-16 09:45:18 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 09:45:18 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 09:46:40 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Sent deauthenticate to station(Reason: Previous Authentication no longer valid)

2011-02-16 09:47:02 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 09:47:02 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 09:47:10 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 09:47:10 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Authentication Success

2011-02-16 10:30:14 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Sent deauthenticate to station(Reason: Previous Authentication no longer valid)

2011-02-16 10:30:15 Wireless port SEEK_WLAN Wireless Association Association Success

2011-02-16 10:30:15 Wireless port

Is someone else affected by this problem?

Is there anything I can do on both the AP or Laptop side to have my problem fixed once forever?

Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Kind reagards.

J.

• 2.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Mar 16, 2011 02:49 PM

bummer you got no response - I deployed 10 of these in my school in December to see if we want to do a full Procurve network revamp this summer (bid was about $130,000). This has just started happening. And when it happens, I have very little ability to connect to the AP with the web interface - it is super slow. Sometimes I am able to login and restart the AP, and that solves the problem temporarily. 

All 10 are identically configured, but only a few have had this problem. Some have almost 80 days uptime since last reboot.

Needless to say, the whole project will be reconsidered if this does not get resolved quickly.

Anyone?

• 3.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Jun 07, 2011 02:35 PM

I have experienced the same issue.  Interestingly, some devices seem to play fine with the AP, others will connect and then drop their connections as soon as I start moving larger chunks of data.

• 4.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Oct 17, 2011 02:03 PM

It is slow. it throws out clients. Web pages hang, crash.

Some EliteBook users can use it, but it is very slow on surfing.
    but that the web pages crash or hang

It does not work for Lenovo, Acer, Dell, Dell Alienware computers, not iPhones.
    Here, clients evicted from the wireless network all the time.

We have tried all different configurations. From low security to high.
    We have tried all compatibility modes. ABGN.

Maybe it works fine without security lol.

This is the worst AP we have ever used. it is less a SOHO Cnet AP for home use.

With the price of this, this is a robbery. Price US $220 ex local TAX

New firmware now, or take them in return! Shame to be a corporate product!

• 5.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Oct 26, 2011 07:31 AM

I have a v-m200 now for 1 hour and have just reconnected the power for the 10-ed time.

ping 192.168.1.1 (the default is working)

connect to the website of the AP works sometimes

try to setup the AP will crash it and you are only able to poweroff/poweron the device

• 6.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 11, 2012 06:25 PM

The posts in this thread describe an issue which is clearly neither expected nor desireable behavior. If you are experiencing this issue, please log a case with HP Networking support. It is my understanding that a fix is in the works. Sometimes, logging a case provides key data points or other information that speeds time to resolution. Other times, it might allow you to participate in verification of the fix. At the very least, logging a support case will ensure that you are notified when the fix is available (sometimes even before the fix is publicly posted).

No one likes to experience an issue that creates so much frustration - but calling support and partnering with us toward a resolution is win-win.

Best regards,

Lynn-Marie

HPN Global Support Engineering

• 7.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Jan 26, 2012 08:26 PM

We are a school district in Hawaii

We have also invested a  great deal of money in these units.

They continually drop the clients and now...with our new Cisco switches, will not function at all!!!!!

Thanks for your suggestion about entering a support ticket....I will do that RIGHT NOW!!!!!

• 8.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Jan 27, 2012 03:20 AM

Hi all!

same problem here....

ticket: 4637511377

id: PSID-141723
    s/n:CN15B010CX
    Softwareversion: 5.4.1.0-01-9503
    Product (J9468A) HP M200 802.11n Access Point (WW)

• 9.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Feb 20, 2012 10:31 PM

same here, already logged a fault though :(

Edit:

Now the problem seems to be gone away after changed Linux NetworkManager to WICD. 

• 10.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Apr 05, 2012 03:33 PM

I had the same problem with clients being connected but not passing traffic. The log would show the disconnection as posted above.  It was sitting near an electrical outlet and on top of a metal vent.  I do not know why it matters because it sure did not matter with my old equipment but after I moved it the problems stopped. It now sits far away from the electrical wiring on top of a cardboard box not touching any metal. I had to power cycle it once or twice a day before and now I have gone three weeks with no problems. Also the log has cleared up after the move.  I can't say for sure this will solve your problems as well but knowing how frustrated I was with the product I figured I had to share this with the group. 

• 11.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2012 10:38 AM

Hello Again,

I commented earlier in this thread that HP was working on the problems being experienced - and I asked that those who were having problems log a support case.  If you don't already have a support case, please log one now. www.hp.com/networking/contact-support

CLARIFICATION: 11 May 2012

There are many reasons why clients may have connection issues. It is important that you contact support and provide all the information they request, so that HP may help you diagnose your problem and determine whether available software fixes will resolve your problem. 

When new software is available, we will post that information on this thread.

Thank you,

Lynn-Marie

Global Support Engineering

• 12.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Jul 09, 2012 04:55 AM
    Now that I updated to new firmware and tried to deploy the access point but clients are dropping off on the first day of commission.

I won't bother to contact HP support ever again because they treat me like I was a thief. So rude!

• 13.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 10, 2012 10:29 AM

Hi Bahamot -

As you know, there are many issues that can affect wireless connectivity, and it is made all the more complex since it is invisible and intangible. It sounds a bit like you are experiencing something different than what the firmware fix was designed to address.

I'm so sorry for your negative support experience! Please let me help get you connected with someone that can work with you to help root cause your issue and get it resolved. Will you private message me your case number and let me know the hours you can be contacted?

Kind regards,

Lynn-Marie

Global Support Engineer

• 14.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2012 11:15 AM

A software update has been posted that may help to resolve many of the issues described here.

--glen

• 15.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Nov 22, 2013 12:48 PM

Hello everybody.
    I have strugled with similar problems that you describe.
    Issues here go since the moment I start to set up the AP wireless connection. I have to reset 2 or 3 times the AP to set it up again and again before it finally starts working. Once it happens, connection hangs frecuently and there seems not to be a solution for this; not an easy and fast one.

I've read that this thread has started a year ago more or less, but we find it unbelievable from HP brand not to provide an efficient solution in all this time. We have recently bought three or four of these devices, and they all have had the same kind of problems mentioned here. It would be nice HP takes real acknowledge about this problem and try to provide a different response than opening a service ticket on phone technical support. In our case, we need to use these devices in several enterprises and we cannot afford them if they hang up in the middle of a rush hour internet required work. 

Sorry for bad english. What else can we do to solve this issue?

• 16.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Jan 15, 2014 03:31 AM

Please keep this topic updated if somebody knows a bit more; I'm observing the same issue regarding the disconnects or even cell phone devices that can't connect at all and where we get 'bad network device' on the cell phone while talking against the M200 over WIFI

We are evaluating to buy as well the M220 as an alternative option but that one is lacking QoS to be configured on the device per SSID (it only offers QoS through Switch functionality (VLANtagged)) and even more its missing the wireless isolation option that the M200 does offer per SSID so its not a good fit for our environment where we need the SSID isolation per client as its a wide open public SSID with no key. Now with the M220 you can only setup AP station isolation but the description of that functionality throws up more questions then answers.

If somebody has some good tips to reduce the disconnects then let us know I have disabled LLDP etc. already.

#stationisolation
    #disconnect
    #isolation
    #M220
    #SSIDisolation

• 17.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted May 07, 2014 09:03 AM

Just noticed this problem with my users.  They will be connected to the wifi doing their work.  Leave their laptop idled for about 10 minutes come back to do some work and they are no longer connected.  They will have to reconnect to the wifi or reboot their laptop to get a wifi connection.

Listed below is from the log files for one of my users.  Is there a reason for this and what is the fix?

Disassociate received(Reason: Sending station is leaving BSS)

Sent deauthenticate to station(Reason: Previous Authentication no longer valid)

• 18.  RE: V-M200 disconnection.

Posted Sep 22, 2014 04:34 PM

HEllo everybody,

We deployed two HP M200 access point in a new network. We have expecting a hung on both access point three times in the day.

All clients still connect for the radio but no traffic is forworded.

LAN port is configured as trunk for two Vlans and there is no error on.

In the radio side, we see the important percentage of errors on radio 2,4G in N mode with Encryption WPA2/AES.

We have doing software upgrade and problem still occure.

The most solution privided is to restart at each time the access point.

Any sugestion for this issue

Regards