Network Management

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

VLAN

This thread has been viewed 28 times
  • 1.  VLAN

Posted May 04, 2023 06:02 PM

I have 8212zl core switch. 
    I try to create a vlan but warning message, dynamics vlan cannot be configured manually.

When I check sh vlan command found gvrp_80 dynamic.

If I use command static-vlan 80, is dynamic vlan convert to static or per port based?

After convert to static any impact of running network?

What is the best way to convert dynamic vlan to static?

• 2.  RE: VLAN

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2023 12:19 PM

Hello,

The only thing you have to keep in mind when converting a plan from dynamic to static, is to manager the port membership configuration as either  tagged or untagged members of that vlan.
    You can also use the Auto mode, which means that the port will join that vlan if it receives an GVRP advertisement.

Converting a Dynamic VLAN to a Static VLAN. If GVRP is running on the switch and a port dynamically joins a VLAN, you can use the next command to convert the dynamic VLAN to a static VLAN. (For GVRP and dynamic VLAN operation, see "GVRP" on page 11-37.) This is necessary if you want to make the VLAN permanent. After you convert a dynamic VLAN to static, you must configure the switch's per-port participation in the VLAN in the same way that you would for any static VLAN.

Syntax: static-vlan <vlan-id> (Use show vlan to list current VIDs.) For example, suppose a dynamic VLAN with a VID of 125 exists on the switch.

The following command converts the VLAN to a static VLAN.

HPswitch(config)# static-vlan 125

• 3.  RE: VLAN

Posted May 06, 2023 01:35 PM

Is it ok?

Hpswitch(config)# static-vlan 125
    name "test"
    ip address 192.168.2.10 255.255.255.0
    tagged a1-a8, b1-b8, i1-i8
    jumbo
    exit

I want the vlan 125 accept the traffic from tagged port mentioned as above.

I can't assign untagged port it's already assigned on 1st switch.