Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

VSF Setup 6300cx

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  VSF Setup 6300cx

Posted 2 days ago

Hi 

I have set up a three stack using SFP ports 49/50 in a ring topology all members are present conductor, standby and member. I am able to use show commands and control devices from the conductor however when I add our standard config its not pushed down to the the rest of the stack. The standby is up but only has the default switch config and none of the settings require to allow connectivity on my network, I forgot to mention that the conductor is fully connected and passing traffic to end users.

My understanding is that the conductor controls both the control plane via the VSF links and the data plan and should push the config to all devices avoiding manual config. I have now reset all the switches to factory to ensure they are all auto eligible. In regard to the lag I noticed that it had defaulted to port 1/1/1 & 2/1/1 but I would have thought it should be ports 49/50  across all members. I look forward to your advice. 

UEA Network Team

• 2.  RE: VSF Setup 6300cx

MVP GURU
    Posted 2 days ago
    In a VSF Stack there is only one ruling configuration, the one ruled by the VSF Commander. The VSF Commander rules VSF Standby and other VSF Members (if any) so there aren't (part of) configuration(s) for those ones since the (running and startup) active configuration are in the VSF Commander and it rules all the VSF Stack as a single image (a single logical unit).

That's to say that in a well formed stack (non fragmented) once you see the running ccnfiguration you see all the VSF Stack configuration (note, as example, the interfaces renumbering).