Wired Intelligent Edge

View Only
last person joined: yesterday 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

VSX firmware update with 2 mgm. modules per switch (CX-6400)

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  VSX firmware update with 2 mgm. modules per switch (CX-6400)

Posted Jul 13, 2022 01:45 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I have connected two CX6400 via VSX, each of the switches has 2 management modules. Now my question is how exactly should I do the firmware update. are all modules in the switch updated with the "vsx update-software" command? Is there anything else that needs to be taken into account? Greetings Robby

• 2.  RE: VSX firmware update with 2 mgm. modules per switch (CX-6400)

MVP GURU
    Posted Jul 13, 2022 03:50 PM
    You should proceed normally with the vsx update-software command (VSX Live Upgrade) you're used to, exactly like you would do with a VSX formed by two Aruba CX 6400 with single Management Module installed on each chassis. When dual MMs (Active and Standby) are operating into an Aruba CX 6400 chassis they operate pretty much autonomously, also in terms of software version synchronization (Active -> Standby).

• 3.  RE: VSX firmware update with 2 mgm. modules per switch (CX-6400)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 19, 2022 10:27 AM
    The vsx update-software is the command will take care of entire upgradation on both the 6400 switches. I have performed the same on CX 6410s and upgrade was so smooth with secondary reboots up first followed by primary. Technically zero downtime.