Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

WAP3 Enterprise GCM 256 is not working with AP515

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  WAP3 Enterprise GCM 256 is not working with AP515

Posted 6 hours ago

Hi,

For some reason when we select WLAN security settings as WPA3 Enterprise GCM 256 it shows as unknown in Aruba central overview.

For WPA3 Enterprise CNSA it shows but still does not broadcast the SSID to clients. This issue is happening to AP 515. Just wondering what the cause could be.

• 2.  RE: WAP3 Enterprise GCM 256 is not working with AP515

EMPLOYEE
    Posted 5 hours ago

I would not expect this to be an issue, but checked myself (AOS 10.6 / Central) and see the configuration sent correctly, and displayed as well, but indeed not broadcasted in WPA3-Enterprise GCM256/CNSA mode.

I don't see many networks that are configured for CNSA/GCM256 because it's not backward compatible. That's not a reason why it doesn't work, but may be why it's not noticed.

Can you open a TAC Support Case for this?

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------