Cloud Managed Networks

View Only
last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

What happens when VC of Instant AP can not communicate with Central?

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  What happens when VC of Instant AP can not communicate with Central?

Posted Dec 14, 2022 07:36 PM
    One of my customers is asking what happens when VC is not able to communicate with Central, does this bring the whole cluster down in Central? This can be because of human mistake or restrictive firewall policies.  I tested in my lab by removing subscription from VC AP and this caused all APs in the cluster to become down in Central, but they functioning and working fine in local management.

Is this the normal behavior? If VC AP is not communicating with Central all APs in the cluster become down in Central?

• 2.  RE: What happens when VC of Instant AP can not communicate with Central?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 14, 2022 07:42 PM
    if the VC can't communicate with Central, it will not bring the whole cluster down.
    and it is normal that the APs in Central are shown as down since there is no connectivity between Central and APs.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------