Wireless Access

View Only
last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Why my IAP-315-RW cannot broadcast wifi

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Why my IAP-315-RW cannot broadcast wifi

Posted 22 days ago
      |   view attached

I have a lab with IAP-315-RW device, when I plugged it with PoE the left LED light with the exclamation mark icon is green blinking but the right LED light with wifi icon doesn't show anything, it just off since I plugged in the PoE, I don't know if there is any problem with my device or not, or any issue with the license. Any help in getting this device working would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Why my IAP-315-RW cannot broadcast wifi

Posted 22 days ago

Are you sure that the network where the AP is plugged in has DHCP enabled, so the AP will get an IP address?

Could it be that the AP has been used with a controller? In that case, try a factory reset (pinhole button, keep pressed while connecting power, wait till fast-flashes, then release the reset button). After that, the AP should return to the Instant firmware.

If the power led is blinking green, it's still in it's boot/initialization process. If you have a console cable (requires a special USB to 4 pin console cable), what's being shown on the serial console may provide more info.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 3.  RE: Why my IAP-315-RW cannot broadcast wifi

Posted 21 days ago

Cause I didn't see the AP broadcast Wifi, I used the Aruba Virtual Mobility Controller to provide DHCP to the AP. The AP had IP(192.168.10.1) from DHCP of the VMC and the dashboard of VMC webui showed an AP-315 connected, but the Wifi LED light on the AP still off and it's cannot broadcast wifi. This is my first time with Aruba products so can you help solve it. Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Why my IAP-315-RW cannot broadcast wifi

Posted 21 days ago

VMC is not needed with just the Instant AP, it has a built-in virtual controller. Can you show a screenshot of what you see where the AP-315 is connected? That may let us know what you actually have. If you can explain in addition where you got the AP from and what you intent to do with it, that may help.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.

• 5.  RE: Why my IAP-315-RW cannot broadcast wifi

Posted 21 days ago

This is the dashboard in my ArubaOS-VMC and the AP detail, if you can support anything please reply to me soon. Thank you.

• 6.  RE: Why my IAP-315-RW cannot broadcast wifi

Posted 18 days ago

Is there a specific reason that you have VMC? The IAP-315-RW can be operated without controller in Instant mode (VC), which is much simpler at small scale (like with 1 or few APs).

If you want to use VMC, did you configure a WLAN? Without further configuration, there is no default WLAN.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------