Access Points

Highlighted
Contributor I

re: issues connecting game consoles (xbox360 and Wii)

We have a similar situation. For the most part our gaming devices connect wirelessly without issues or wired, using role derivation rules. I have a couple of xbox devices that will not connect wireless to the ssid setup for gaming. One of the units worked fine during the summer (we were at 3.3.2.24) and now that we upgraded to 6.1.2.3 (special build) the unit will not connect. I can select a different ssid (op mode is different) and it connects fine. I created a new ssid and used the same op mode from the ssid that the unit was able to connect to and still had no luck. This new ssid is specific to 1 AP just for a test and it didn't work. The fact that the 1 unit connected and worked fine before the upgrade is puzzling. Aruba did fix the user derivation rule issue we were having in our new special build; however, I am not sure why I have these 2 units that still don't connect. Further troubleshooting is needed and it is just a matter of getting the enduser to be available to test further.
Guru Elite

Re: issues connecting game consoles (xbox360 and Wii)

No error message? What is the encryption of the SSID you are trying to connect to? We are missing alot of info.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

op mode for gaming is wpa psk tkip. most devices are connecting and working but we do have some that fail. connecting to a different ssid, op mode wpa-psk-tkip wpa-psk-aes wpa2-psk-aes wpa2-psk-tkip, works. when I created a new ssid with the same op mode, wpa-psk-tkip wpa-psk-aes wpa2-psk-aes wpa2-psk-tkip, it still fails. I see the key exchange on 1 unit fails at key 2 (MIC FAILURE). I believe the other units that can't connect are experiencing the exact same issue; however, I haven't been able to verify at this time.
Guru Elite

Please open a case. Your device might not be able to connect reliably to a mixed mode SSID.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

created a new ssid with opmode for wpa2 psk aes and still experience the same issue. I have an open case with Aruba, just looking to see if other people have had issues
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: