Aruba Apps

last person joined: 13 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba VIA client prefill gateway address

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba VIA client prefill gateway address

Posted Aug 28, 2019 04:24 AM

Hi,

Im installing my first Aruba VPNC setup, and are setting up a VIA client connection to the datacenter.

All working fine.

But now I need to push the VIA client to the users via SCCM and therefore I need to prefill the gateway portion so that the user, when launching the VIA client for the first time, they will only need to input their username/password to download the profile, and then once more to actually establish the VPN to the datacenter.

I tried msiexec.exe /i Aruba-VIA-3.2.4.0.1906061-64.msi /qb GATEWAY=MY.PUBLIC-VIA-URL.COM

but that down not work. In installs the client, but the gateway field is empty.

Hope anyone knows how to do this. I know I can use a preloaded profile, but that means I would need to create different installfiles for different types of employees, and I would like to avoid that. I like the idea that the client downloads the correct profile based on the users credentials.

• 2.  RE: Aruba VIA client prefill gateway address

Posted Aug 28, 2019 07:10 AM

Found out that these settings only work on VIA v2.

On VIA v3 you push the client with a initial profile, and then rely on the controller to push the updated full profile, the first time the user is connecting to the VPN.