Aruba Apps

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Cannot connect through VIA Android APP on mobile data

It seems that the option is not available in the menus.

It seems it will not enable & show up in the menus if the service provider hasn't enabled it on the sim card.

Please see attached what i have on my phone and what it looks like when the service providers has enabled VoLTE.

BR

Edit : if i make a call with the huawei i drop from 4G+ to HSPA so i think it is not enabled.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

Yes, I've got the same problem. Aruba VIA VPN Client doesn't work on Huawei/Honor phones. I've tried many phones and It seems that aruba app can't get access to mobile data. On Wifi connection everything works fine. On others phone manufacturers problem doesn't accure. 

VIA VPN Client logs in attachment.

Occasional Contributor II

Hey,

Aruba support got back to me saying that the lastest version of VIA on Android fixed the issue.

It did.

Check the version"s 3.1.2 release notes.

BR,

Nicolas

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I am describing above problem based on VIA 3.1.2 (the newest version from google play).

My Huawei phone also hasn't got VoLTE support. In my previous post I attached logs from failed connections - IMHO it's selinux related problem.

with best regards,

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi all, it seem like iOS 13 is also having this issue of the current app version is not able to support VoLTE.

Can Aruba TAC look into this and update the app?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Can you please open a TAC case, so that your environment can be captured and replicated. We would want to know if you are experiencing the same thing, or something new.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

Three months ago I opened TAC case. After investigation the problem has been resolved - From backend team I got improved VIA Client based on 3.1.3 version, which is able to connect via mobile date. The support team promised that this fix will be included in future release. Version 3.1.4 has been released but It seems to not include the fix. I hope that patch will be merged to 3.1.5.

Regards,

Jacek

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Please re-open the TAC case to get status on the fix.

EDIT:  Please message me the TAC case number so that we can take a look at this.  

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yesterday, I sent You the PM.

regards,

Jacek

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Any update on this? My Samsung Note 10+ is suffering the same thing it seems. If I'm on WiFi, everything connects fine. If I'm on data it rapidly connects/disconnects. (This is tested on local WLAN, not a remote site)

I have a packet trace going on my firewall, and I don't even see the connection attempt coming though while on LTE. The VIA profile is downloaded without issue, though.

I'm not sure where the logs are on the Android device, or if they would help.

VIA version 3.1.4

Thanks.

ACEP, ACSP, ACCX #1239
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: