Highlighted
Super Contributor II

RAP105 Uptime

Hi all,
I am troubleshooting a site with some AP105's configured as RAPs. The site has possible DSL line issues. In order to confirm whether there are any other issues, I need to know whether the uptime reported by the controller is the time that there has been a connection to the RAP or the time is how long the RAP has been powered-up. I basically need to know whether the RAP is power cycling for some reason or if it is staying powered-up continuously by losing connection to the controller.

Matt
Guru Elite

Re: RAP105 Uptime

The u

@matt Finnie wrote:
Hi all,
I am troubleshooting a site with some AP105's configured as RAPs. The site has possible DSL line issues. In order to confirm whether there are any other issues, I need to know whether the uptime reported by the controller is the time that there has been a connection to the RAP or the time is how long the RAP has been powered-up. I basically need to know whether the RAP is power cycling for some reason or if it is staying powered-up continuously by losing connection to the controller.

Matt

The uptime is how long the RAP has been physically up, not how long it has been connecte to the controller.  A rap says why it did not connect to the controller and if you type "show log system all" you should see such a message.  In addition "show ap debug system-status ap-name <name of ap>" will also tell you the reboot or rebootstrap message.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: