ArubaOS and Controllers

Valued Contributor I

Re: Unable to upload the ceritificate getting error

I may stand corrected CJ.

salism0b, you earlier said you needed this certificate for "i have the 802.1x terminations".

If actually you want it for a captive portal, follow CJ's guide.

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Contributor I

Dear. I want to.apply the certificate for 802.1x authentication.I applied the certificate as explained to one of the profile and tested but still the certificate shows default. Also i want this site aruba-master.amiantit.com to be secure as we have a certificate. So since i am fixing the problem i as well fix the portal and the 802.1x
Valued Contributor I

If you applied the certificate where I suggested for 802.1x purposes, it should be being used by the controller. If it's still not when you test it, you should log a TAC case with Aruba.

In terms of whether it's secure, that's a very large and complex question to respond to. But at a general level for 802.1x, if you're using EAP-TLS on the client (unlikely based on what you've said so far), then great. If you're using PEAP(MsCHAPv2), then perhaps not so much (unless you also leverage machine enforcement, which will involve it's own challenges and is unlikely if you're supporting lots of client types).

Security is much more complex, so it depends what you mean by "secure". Secure in what terms? Against what?

Using the cert for captive portal should be fine. In terms of security, again, it depends on your whole configuration, business needs/constraints and network topology as a whole.

If you followed CJ's tips for activating it for portal purposes, and it didn't work, again you should log a TAC case I think.

Kudos appreciated, but I'm not hunting! (ACMX 104)
Contributor I

Thanks for the support. I have followed the steps but since its not working i will open a TAC with ARUBA. Regards salim

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: