Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

APs not in Wireless Management App

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  APs not in Wireless Management App

Posted Dec 09, 2019 12:10 AM
      |   view attached

See attached screen shots.
    The APs are properly added to "Device Management" and are Subscribed.  They have been added to a Group.  I can see the APs on the "Network Overview" page of the "Monitoring & Reports" App.  They are not addressable in the "Access Point" page of the "Wireless Management" App.

If I unsubscribe the APs from Central, I can get to them outside of Central directly in in the Virtual Controller - just can't get to them in Central.

This is new, they were addressable before - ot sure what changed that would cause this.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    wireless management.pdf   225 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: APs not in Wireless Management App

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 09, 2019 03:25 AM

Could be an invalid filter as in your first screenshot it show 5 devices and nono of them offline.

Can you try the selector an then find and select the virtual controller?

Screenshot at Dec 09 09-23-16.png

After that, your APs should show up.

• 3.  RE: APs not in Wireless Management App
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2019 09:50 AM
      |   view attached

Herman,

Thanks - but that wasn't it.  I tried cycling the filter from "All", to "Group"  and to the "VC", but the APs would not show up.

Turns out that somehow Central lost track of my VC IP Address (see attached).  I suspect this may have happened as I was playing around with forcing a different Preferred Master.  At one point I had two different APs set as Preferred Master and they both came up as the VC separately - this must have confused Central.

Once I put the IP address back in  "Wireless Management", "System", "Virtual Controller", "Edit IP Address" all was well again.

Thanks for helping to sort it out.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    wireless management-2.pdf   117 KB 1 version