Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Add Switch as Monitor Only

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Add Switch as Monitor Only

Posted Mar 08, 2019 06:58 PM

Hello team,

Unfortunately we were told that Central was able to do everything we needed, but we found that it was not able to. As a result, we're trying to add switches as monitored only devices since they're all configured. It doesn't appear to be working.

Anyone have advice on this?

• 2.  RE: Add Switch as Monitor Only

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 11, 2019 04:34 AM

Are you able to clarify exactly what is not working? Only certain Switches and firmwares versions are supported by Central.

http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.4.7/documentation/online_help/content/public_cloud/get_started/supported_switches.htm

Are these switches already configured and you are trying to import them into Central?

• 3.  RE: Add Switch as Monitor Only

Posted Mar 16, 2019 10:11 AM
    Yes, as I said they are already configured and we’d like to add them to Central for monitoring only. Simply being able to add them as monitor is not an option, it seems.

I have found I can add the configured switches to a Template group, but I’m concerned about overwrite.

• 4.  RE: Add Switch as Monitor Only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2019 10:24 AM

• 5.  RE: Add Switch as Monitor Only

Posted Mar 19, 2019 12:09 PM

That doesn't really tell me any more than I know. Just to summarize, then:

• There is no monitor only mode and we should have had Airwave.
    • Switches cannot be added without losing their configuration in a production environment.
    • 8400 still not supported.

• 6.  RE: Add Switch as Monitor Only

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2019 01:45 PM

For 1 and 2:  If your expectation is just to monitor switch with Central and do the configuration outside of central, this is not available as of today. 

For 3: No support for 8400 as of today.