Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central - DRP Issue

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central - DRP Issue

Posted Mar 09, 2020 11:56 AM

Hi,

I seem to have a crazy problem with my Auth/NPS servers and DRP.

Last week, I configured a RADIUS server for each of my AP groups, with the same 'Name'. Each server group has the same RADIUS server IP but each requires a different DRP address as they all have different source addresses. I'm using DRP so I don't have to add the IP address of all the AP's per site into the RADIUS server config. I chose the IP address of the VC as the DRP source IP.

Today, I go to configure the secondary Auth server so that I have fault tolerence, and I receive the error "auth server drp ip address already in use"

Strange; the whole point of DRP is that you can use the same DRP source address. So I configure an additional RADIUS server and use a different source IP for testing, and now i find that RADIUS server that I just configured is now present in all of my groups, yet I've only configured it in one group? How is this so?

Is the Security servers now a global config option (since last monday), rather than on a per group basis?

Why can't I use the same DRP source per RADIUS, the whole point of DRP is that you don't need to add multiple clients in the RADIUS

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central - DRP Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 09, 2020 05:28 PM

if you configure the Virtual Controller IP address then you don't need DRP IP address. DRP when enabled, will use the Virtual IP address.

so in your case of having more than one Auth server, try this approach see if it works for you.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central - DRP Issue

Posted Mar 10, 2020 04:40 AM

Thanks, I hadn't realised that configuring the VC did the job of DRP automatically! I will test that.

What about the question of auth servers now being global rather than per group, is this a recent change and is there any way to see what new features are introduced to central?

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central - DRP Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2020 05:19 AM

it should not be global.

The auth servers should be per group.

test it with a different browser and if you see the same thing, please contact TAC.