Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central support mode - config keeps getting overwritten?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central support mode - config keeps getting overwritten?

Posted Jun 25, 2019 01:27 PM

So I have a stack of 8 2930Fs in Central as a template group.  There is a lot to be desired with adding a stack and managing it in any meaningful way, but anyway...

The stack has a template imported, I enabled central support mode on the switch to re-enable to CLI to make some configuration changes since JSON is waay too difficult to manage unless youve been specifically trained.

About an hour or so after adding changes in support mode, the switch keeps reverting to an old config. Is this central doing this? How can it do that when support mode is enabled, I thought that put the entire device in monitor only mode.

N

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central support mode - config keeps getting overwritten?

Posted Jun 25, 2019 01:54 PM
    Central doesn't have a monitor only option. So, Central will always overwrite the switch config.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central support mode - config keeps getting overwritten?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2020 09:04 PM

Some new features in Aruba Central (since your post) may change the way you work with it today.

Stacking of 2930Fs can now be configured in GUI mode - meaning you don't have to work in template mode, unless you require another feature not available in GUI mode.

Also, the Commit mode of a switch of group can be changed to stop Central from automatically pushing configuration down to the device(s).

https://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.5.2/documentation/online_help/content/nms/cfg-audit/config-audit.htm?Highlight=commit