Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Installer

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Aruba Installer

Posted Oct 18, 2018 07:24 PM

Does anybody have information about this tool?

https://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/management/central/aruba-installer/

I cannot find a section in the Aruba Central user Guide that talks about how to use this tool with Aruba Central. Is there a User Guide for this tool?

I have downloaded the tool from Google Play, but I cannot make it work. It seems you have to make some extra configuration in Aruba Central.

Can anybody help me?, I want to test this tool, but I only have the demo account of Aruba Central.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards

Pedro

• 2.  RE: Aruba Installer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2018 01:38 PM

Hi

This application is currently under "controlled introduction", which means that you'll have to reach out to your local SE to start testing it (we'll remove the training wheels very soon). In any case, this video showcases what the app does quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gccRxHqqS4&feature=youtu.be

I hope this helps

• 3.  RE: Aruba Installer
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 19, 2018 03:18 PM
      |   view attached

Greetings!

For those who do have access to the app, or are interested in how the process works, we've developed a short white paper (attached to this post) that illustrates the process of installing the app and fulfilling prerequisites for use. (The title of the paper is focused on switch deployment, but the general process would apply regardless of the equipment being deployed.)

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Aruba Installer

Posted Oct 19, 2018 03:44 PM

Hi Matthew,

Any idea about the date this application will be released for all users?

Thanks for sharing the material, it is very useful.

Regards

Pedro

• 5.  RE: Aruba Installer

Posted Nov 09, 2018 10:38 AM

You must currently specifically request Installer be added to your Central instance, we did this through our SE.

It will populate as a module "Installer Beta" underneath the Global Settings module in the pop-out menu.

• 6.  RE: Aruba Installer

Posted Jun 21, 2019 12:57 PM

OK it's June 2019 - Does this work yet?

I just setup myself, invited and received the SMS, installed tha app but when I went to register is says Failed to get requested user.

I see my accout in Central sitting there as Invite...

• 7.  RE: Aruba Installer

Posted Jul 25, 2019 09:55 AM

I have the same problem 

I have invited my mobile, and received the SMS, installed the app but when I went to register it always says Failed to get requested user.

I have tried with different mobile operator but still, I am getting the same error 

• 8.  RE: Aruba Installer

Posted Nov 15, 2019 05:58 PM

Hi Robert and Ammar.

I remember I had the same problem.

When you create an Installer, a text message with a download link is sent to that installer. The installer must use that link to download the application. If the installer tries to download the app by searching it on Play Store, he downloads the app, but it will not work properly. You must use the link sent by text message.

Try this, I hope this could help you.

Regards