Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I create a user for Guest Wifi (internal - authenticated) - Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I create a user for Guest Wifi (internal - authenticated) - Aruba Central

Posted Sep 13, 2018 03:38 PM

Hi I'm creating a visitors registration programm. That companies can run this programm on a tablet. Visitors can register them on the tablet and they receive a username and passwoord to get on the Wifi.

I want to try this without the guest license for Aruba but I don't know if this is possible.

I created an open guest ssid. I have chosen for the following Splash page type "Internal authenticated". Below this page I can create internal users manually but I want to create these with api's. Is this possible?

Thanks a lot!

• 2.  RE: Can I create a user for Guest Wifi (internal - authenticated) - Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 04:35 AM

Hi,

If I understand your use case, you want to build your own visitor experience application and integrate it in the back with Aruba Instant, which are managed by Central.

One thing maybe upfront, Central with the base Device Management license primarily manages all capabilities the Instant has as a standalone product. So you can check if you could build your workflow with Instant alone and then if you can abstract this via Central and its API.

Essentially the users you create are stored in the running config of the IAP. Important: this user database is limited to 512 entries: https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_654_Webhelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Authentication/UserManagement/ConflocalDBUser.htm

You might want to check if you want to leverage the Cloud Guest App on Central which provides Captive Portal and User Management from the Cloud and has direct APIs that you can integrate with:

http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/2.4.4/documentation/online_help/content/public_cloud/applications/guest_access/overview.htm

It's an extra license but removes many of the limitations that the internal guest portal of Instant was not designed to perform.