Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Central and Uplink module port numbering

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Central and Uplink module port numbering

Posted Feb 09, 2019 03:34 AM

Hi,

I want to manage a 2930M with a 4-port SFP+ uplink module. But it seems Central cannot handle the extra ports.

1. I added a VLAN und configured the switchports 51-52 as tagged. The VLAN is created on the switch, the tagging is not configured.

2. I configured a trunk with port 51-52 via Central. No configuration appears on the switch.

If I repeat these tasks with switchport 1+2, there is no problem, tagging is right and trunking works fine.

Is this maybe a problem with the numbering, 49-52 in Central, but A1-A4 on the switch itself.

Any ideas how to resolv the bug or am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,

Rene

• 2.  RE: Central and Uplink module port numbering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2019 09:28 PM

I'm afraid this use case still requires template-based configuration.

• 3.  RE: Central and Uplink module port numbering

Posted Feb 12, 2019 02:31 AM

Thx for your reply. I suspected this.

Because this way of administration is not suitable for the customer, is there a way to just configure some ports (only uplinks) via template and the access ports via individual configuration via GUI? (no GUI groups)

Best regards,

Rene

• 4.  RE: Central and Uplink module port numbering

Posted Mar 25, 2019 04:54 AM

Hi Rene,

did you find a solution for this problem?

• 5.  RE: Central and Uplink module port numbering

Posted Mar 25, 2019 07:09 AM
    Not yet