Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Access in Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Guest Access in Aruba Central

Posted Jul 05, 2019 05:03 PM

Hello community

I am testing guest access using aruba central. The configuration was made and I am using the default splash portal. When I start the test it works great, the splash portal shows in my browser made the authentication procedure but after that I am not able to use the internet. Any recommendation to perfom the troubleshooting.

Best regards

Karlink

• 2.  RE: Guest Access in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 05, 2019 09:29 PM

You know Central Guest service needs a service token. Have you added that subscription token?

If so what is the exact error do you see in your broswer?

• 3.  RE: Guest Access in Aruba Central

Posted Jul 08, 2019 10:39 AM

Hi Ariyap:

the service token was added at the beginning, there is not error and it looks that the authentication was okey, but I didn't get internet access.

Best regards

Karlink

• 4.  RE: Guest Access in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 05:52 PM

are you using username/password to authenticate the guest user or are they just accepting terms and conditions?

Also is the VLAN setting for the guest SSID a Virtual Conroller Assigned?

Once the guest user passes the auth can it ping internal or external IP addresses?

• 5.  RE: Guest Access in Aruba Central

Posted Jul 08, 2019 06:08 PM

Just accepting terms and contitions, the vlan is statically configured and I am not able to reach internal neither external IPs.

• 6.  RE: Guest Access in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 08, 2019 07:57 PM

when the guest gets redirected to the splash page, the user role will be "Splash Profile 1_#guest#_ ", then after the guest user accepts T&Cs, and authentication is successful, it should be put in the user role which is the same as the name of the SSID by default.

so what is the user role the guest user is put into after?

you can use this command to check it

"show clients"

Also you can use this command to check if the authentication is successful or not, this is important to be able to troubleshoot.

"show ap debug auth-trace-buf mac <mad-addr>"