Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with external DHCP - VPN/GRE

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Problem with external DHCP - VPN/GRE

Posted Apr 07, 2019 10:48 AM

Friends,
    I am having a small IP allocation problem in a new client environment (POC).

Aruba Central Solution:

The client has 3 antennas (IAP 207), 2 on the 1st floor, and 1 on the 2nd.
    The issue is that I use an external dhcp server, and the VPN / DHCP configuration is working, and it works so much that when I have only 2 IAPs in the plant, I have no connection problem. But when the 3rd is connected, it seems that it can not connect or pass the VPN requests through the IA Cluster (master).

I would like a tip, as I have updated the IAPs, changed the antennas and it did not work.

Should I create a new instance in Zero Central? Or will I have to create another group, disassociating this 3rd IPA from the AP Cluster?
    Or create RF Zone, or AP Zone?

The problem is that the Cluster is down, and I'm very confused as to how the transmission between the Aruba Central x external DCHP is happening.

Please help me with the best practices please, I need to solve the customer problem.ACAO CLUSTER DOWN-1.pngACAO CLUSTER DOWN-2.pngACAO CLUSTER DOWN-3.pngACAO CLUSTER DOWN-4.pngACAO CLUSTER DOWN-5.png

• 2.  RE: Problem with external DHCP - VPN/GRE

Posted Apr 15, 2019 05:59 AM

Has anyone had this problem? Any tips? I need help!

• 3.  RE: Problem with external DHCP - VPN/GRE

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 15, 2019 06:04 AM

I don't have an answer, but have you tried contacting support?  https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

• 4.  RE: Problem with external DHCP - VPN/GRE

Posted Apr 15, 2019 06:12 AM

Yes! I have an open support case, but unfortunately I realize a lot of delay in the diagnosis response (I opened the TAC on April 5th). I believe that here in the forum, it would be much easier, and would have a quick feedback.

Open another forum in more detail, but unfortunately, it seems that "almost" nobody uses the solution with GRE, and external DHCP.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Aruba-Central-Connection-Failure-with-External-DHCP-VPN-GRE/td-p/526712