Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Renaming an AP

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Renaming an AP

Posted Feb 05, 2020 11:11 AM

I had a 305IAP that wasn't taking the new firmware so I had someone master reset it. That fixed the firmware issues but now I can't rename the thing. Still newish to Aruba so hope this makes sense.

If I log into the VC the reset AP shows up as the MAC. I can't change the name in in the VC web console. 

In Central  under all devices it shows as the mac address. If I navigate to the group it shows as the MAC address. If I navigate to the VC in central it shows as the MAC Address. If I go to configuration in either the group or the VC in central is shows as the name of the AP prior to being reset. It says it's online and shows the correct ip address. I tried adding an A to the end of the name in config to see if it would trigger something and the name change reflexs in the config/access point page but no where else. 

This new central interface is very fustrating and I can't figure out how to fix the name. 

• 2.  RE: Renaming an AP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2020 05:59 AM

Can you please report this to Aruba Support? Doesn't sound like something we can solve in this forum.