Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

aruba central vs 7005 mobility controller

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  aruba central vs 7005 mobility controller

Posted Apr 23, 2020 12:01 PM

1: Is there any numerical data to show that the aruba central has a better management system than the mobility controller? 

2: how to address the security issue of the cloud management platform?Is there any special/unique technique on the aruba cloud management platform?

3:How does the aruba central integrate with clearpass ? is there any real life example and scenarios 

4: Is there any reason why i should choose aruba central over mobility controller? any real life example and scenarios can share ? 

• 2.  RE: aruba central vs 7005 mobility controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 23, 2020 02:42 PM

Hi Jordan,

Here is my reply...

1: Is there any numerical data to show that the aruba central has a better management system than the mobility controller?

In brief, Aruba Central is a cloud management platform that simplifies deployment and management for WLAN, LAN, VPN and SD-WAN across multiple sites from a unified dashboard. Aruba 7005 is the smallest controller from Aruba that can support 16 APs. Check this link for more details about Central https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_ArubaCentral.pdf

2: how to address the security issue of the cloud management platform?Is there any special/unique technique on the aruba cloud management platform?

All communication between managed devices and Central is encrypted. We leverage the TPM chips available in our products to ensure secured communication using https.

You might want to check this post for further details https://blogs.arubanetworks.com/solutions/addressing-cloud-security-challenges-in-aruba-central-secure-by-design/

3:How does the aruba central integrate with clearpass ? is there any real life example and scenarios

Aruba Central doesn't integrate with ClearPass directly. From Aruba Central, you can configure your access points, gateways, switches to integrate with ClearPass.

4: Is there any reason why i should choose aruba central over mobility controller? any real life example and scenarios can share ?

Please share your requirements to help you further...

• 3.  RE: aruba central vs 7005 mobility controller

Posted Apr 24, 2020 03:33 AM

the reason why i am asking this is because my client is looking for migrating the overall on site management system to cloud for future development , so he is asking me to do a pros and cons/ comparison table why should i choose central over 7005 mobility controller. i am a little frustrated since i am not a technical guy , so i am looking for some real life example to show them why it is better to migrate the system to cloud .

• 4.  RE: aruba central vs 7005 mobility controller

Posted Apr 23, 2020 02:42 PM

What is your use case?

I don't think there are any details comparing the two because they serve completely different functions.

Did you mean a 7005 branch gateway? Or IAPs vs mobility controller?