Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

2 SSID instead of 1

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  2 SSID instead of 1

Posted May 28, 2019 05:08 AM

Hi, we're setting up a new wifi network with Aruba Instant on AP-515 version 8.4.0.0.

We set a wireless profile with ssid Skyline Park but when I check on my laptop or phone it shows 2 ssids Skyline Park and Rkyline Park. Where does that second one come from? Ideal woul dbe that it also says Skyline Park and only 1 ssid is shown. Is this possible? There's not much to be found in the manual.

• 2.  RE: 2 SSID instead of 1

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 28, 2019 05:28 AM

Can you provide the output of "show ap bss-table" as this will confirm if being broadcast from your AP. 

• 3.  RE: 2 SSID instead of 1

Posted Jun 04, 2019 09:57 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I've added the output as attachment.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: 2 SSID instead of 1

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2019 11:52 PM

Please make sure you are not removing any of the default rates in the SSID profile.

• 5.  RE: 2 SSID instead of 1

Posted Jun 06, 2019 06:59 AM

Hi, I made a second wireless profile and that has only 1 SSID so I compared the settings from my Skyline Park SSID and they are all the same except the security. So I still have the anoying Rkyline Park wireless. Must be something else I guess?

• 6.  RE: 2 SSID instead of 1
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 06, 2019 07:24 AM

Looking at your output you are broadcasting 2 SSID's, one of these is hidden and it is an OWE Transition Mode SSID (look at the OW flags in your screenshot). Is the device incorrectly reporting the OWE SSID?

You can disable the OWE Transition Mode (opmode-transition-disable) using the CLI within the SSID Profile/

• 7.  RE: 2 SSID instead of 1

Posted Jun 07, 2019 05:37 AM

Hi, I just found out it was indeed because of OWE :)

I will disable it in the CLI

• 8.  RE: 2 SSID instead of 1

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 07, 2019 05:50 AM
    Excellent, we figured it out :)