Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

2920 and Windows DHCP

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  2920 and Windows DHCP

Posted Feb 21, 2019 02:05 PM

I am currently running out of IP's and want to split each of my buildings on their own VLAN.  I created a new vlan and assoicated a port on one of my switches to test with.  I untagged the port to the VLAN.  I setup the DHCP scope on my windows server.  The laptop can't get a IP address and when I try a ipconfig /renew it eventually tells me it can't one from the DHCP server.  Not sure what I am doing wrong. 

On the core switch I created VLAN 11 and assigned 10.0.11.1 255.255.255.0 as the IP.   I created VLAN 11 on the other switches as well. 

Core switch is a stack of 4 - 2920's in building A

I then have 4 - 2920's in a stack in building B.  These are connected via 2 10GB fiber linked trunked/LACP

The 3rd switch is in building B as well and connected to the stack by uplink.  On this switch I setup port 36 to be VLAN 11.

Hopefully I explained this correctly.

• 2.  RE: 2920 and Windows DHCP

Posted Feb 21, 2019 10:15 PM

Have you configured helper address on your L3 interfaces on the switch?

• 3.  RE: 2920 and Windows DHCP

Posted Feb 22, 2019 08:29 AM

Yes I have that.  I got it partially working.  I can get to the internet and my local LAN.  I beleive the last part ( I cant get to my azure servers) is now a firewall issue.  Thanks for the response.

• 4.  RE: 2920 and Windows DHCP

Posted Mar 01, 2019 09:01 AM

Yes I have that.  I figured it out.  I needed it in Azure networking.  Added the subnet there and now it works. 

Thanks