Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Import maps into airwave

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Import maps into airwave

Posted Apr 23, 2019 12:58 PM

How do you import maps into airwave and what kind of maps can you import?

• 2.  RE: Import maps into airwave

Posted Apr 24, 2019 08:58 AM

Add a campus.

Add a building in the campus.

Add a floor in the building.

Add floor plan to the floor.

Is that waht you mean?

Also in relation to format of plans... Floor plan upload wizard enables direct importation of JPG/JPEG, GIF, PNG, PDF (single page only) and CAD files for floor plans. NOTE: PDF floor plans must be generated from a source file. Other PDFs, such as those scanned from a printer, will not import properly. Similarly, CAD files must be generated by AutoCAD.

Details are in the Airwave userguide which you can get from here. Check out chapter 11 starting on page 358 (all about VisualRF).

• 3.  RE: Import maps into airwave

Posted Apr 24, 2019 09:37 AM

We have some update floor plans that I want to import and I can't find the way to do it in the GUI. So I need pointed to the instruction on how to do it, the maps are in a ,pdf format

• 4.  RE: Import maps into airwave
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2019 10:05 AM

Page 375 of the user guide I linked in the previous reply:

Adding a Floor Plan
    Floor plans can be added (imported), edited, and deleted. If you want to import a newer floor plan to replace a current one, you must first delete the original plan and then add the new floor plan.

The user guide continues to describe how to import a floor plan on that page.