Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Remota Ap Provisioning

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Remota Ap Provisioning

Posted Jun 25, 2019 08:34 AM
    Hi Again Airheads community While attempting to provision an Aruba RAP-02WG, on my controller, I found that I was not able to successfully push an active profile to the unit. So, I reset the unit and when it appeared on the controller's WIRELESS--AP PROVISIONING page, one of the flags indicates that its unlicensed. I've tried to copy that page as bast a possible to give readers a sense of what the line item referencing that AP looks like in textual format below: Wireless > AP Installation > Provisioning Provisioning Provisioning Profile Whitelist Search Search AP Name ▲ AP Group ▲ AP IP ▲ AP Type ▲ AP MAC Address ▲ AP Serial Number ▲ Flags ▲ Status ▲ 00:0b:86:c3:18:c6 default 192.168.1.68 RAP-2WG 00:0b:86:c3:18:c6 AH0078116 IL Up 3m:3s The "IL" designation suggests Inactive and Unlicensed. Can someone guide me on how to effectively make this AP active? Do I have to license it? If I recall correctly, the Controller can accept up to 9 AP licenses of which only 2 are active. There are license number indications for Campus AP's (CAP's) and Remote AP's RAP's with a remaining CAP or RAP capacity of 7 total. Any ideas or guidance is appreciated. Thanks again as always. 3V3N

• 2.  RE: Remota Ap Provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2019 08:42 AM

What is the output of "show keys" on the controller?

• 3.  RE: Remota Ap Provisioning

Posted Jun 25, 2019 11:08 PM

Here is that output as requested:

(Aruba651) #show keys

Licensed Features
    -----------------
    Feature Status
    ------- ------
    Access Points 9
    RF Protect 0
    VPN Server Module 512
    xSec Module 0
    Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall Module 0
    Advanced Cryptography 0
    RF Protect DISABLED
    Policy Enforcement Firewall DISABLED
    VPN Server ENABLED
    Wired 802.1X ENABLED
    xSec Module DISABLED
    Power Over Ethernet ENABLED
    Policy Enforcement Firewall for VPN users DISABLED
    Advanced Cryptography DISABLED
    Maritime Regulatory Domain DISABLED

3V3N

• 4.  RE: Remota Ap Provisioning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 26, 2019 04:46 AM

Type "show ap license-usage" when you have the issue.

Type "show log system 50" to see if there is also a message.