Blogs

Airheads Volunteer Corps and Healthcare Connectivity Bundles

By Jamie E posted Mar 24, 2020 01:10 PM

Airheads Volunteer Corps - Join Now

With the global spread of COVID-19 affecting our communities, colleagues, partners and customers, Aruba is focused on doing everything in our power to help those with the greatest needs. More than ever, hospitals and first responders are faced with the need for additional networking infrastructure to augment capacity and deliver round the clock care.

Given the influx of temporary COVID-related healthcare facilities, Aruba is responding by donating thousands of secure connectivity kits worth approximately $50M USD required for the immediate provisioning of pop-up clinics, testing sites and temporary hospital facilities available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Germany, Denmark, France, United Kingdom, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Sweden, Ireland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Poland — all in compliance with local laws. There are two bundles being offered: one designed as a wireless LAN extension from the existing healthcare network and one designed for cellular backhaul where traditional broadband connectivity is limited.

To help healthcare organizations get set up quickly, Aruba has created the Airheads Volunteer Corps; a registry of volunteer network engineers ready to assist in the build out of network infrastructures for medical facilities on the front lines of dealing with this pandemic.

The Airheads Volunteer Corps is an opt-in only registry of skilled network engineers interested in doing what they can to assist our medical community with their networking needs. In creating this registry, Aruba aims to connect those in need of IT skills, with those who have the ability to help. Joining the Airheads Volunteer Corps is simple and without obligation. The Airhead will always have the final decision on how best they can respond to the needs in their local community.

To sign up, you only need to complete the registration form. This form will ask basic details such as your contact information, location, level of technical expertise and Aruba certifications achieved. The Aruba account teams will in turn be working closely with healthcare facilities around the world to support their needs. When an account team receives a request for help, that team will search the registry for Airheads with the appropriate skills and proximity to the medical facility in question. Once the introduction is made, Aruba allows for the organization in need to work directly with the Airhead Volunteer to best determine the level of support they can provide.

At all times, the volunteer must practice social distancing and adhere to the safety guidelines of the facility in need. Ensuring their own personal safety must be the first and foremost responsibility of the volunteer.

Our hope is that by working together, Aruba and our Airheads community can help those on the front line meet the needs they have in dealing with the challenges of this global health crisis.

11 comments

Comments

May 05, 2020 02:04 PM

Registered and ready to help  

Apr 09, 2020 08:26 AM

@jAyR Yeah this is normal and no worries about your email, its not a problem! Thanks for volunteering. As soon as a need arises local to you Ill be reaching out.

Apr 09, 2020 06:39 AM

i registered yesterday using my private email, not my company mail where my certifications are on.  i did not get any mail after registration. Is that normal behavior?

Apr 01, 2020 07:12 AM

Waiting for the Corporate "okie-dokie",  spreaded on LinkedIn

Mar 31, 2020 04:25 PM

Got the Corporate "okie-dokie" and signed up.

Go Go Airheads Community!!

Mar 26, 2020 09:22 PM

Singed up, I live in the santa Clara county, let me know if any help is needed in the area.

Mar 24, 2020 01:58 PM

@ascott Yeah that was fixed. Its not required.

@Ledadi - Can you give it another try? Thanks to the overall high level awesomeness of all you Airhead members trying to volunteer the page is getting a load.

Thanks you all for being a part of this. This is what makes Airheads so great.

Mar 24, 2020 01:52 PM

I fill my application but when I click submit nothing happens.

Any advice?

Mar 24, 2020 01:48 PM

Signed up although no current certifications which seems to be a required field.  I offer 20 years networking experience instead.

Mar 24, 2020 01:39 PM

Given our own "interesting" time supporting a rapid swing to remote-work, I have asked for my management's blessing before signing up. Here's hoping for their speedy and positive response!

Mar 24, 2020 01:35 PM

Sounds great! Let me know how WiFiStand can help!