Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

Posted Mar 03, 2019 10:18 PM

I have a Aruba controller 7010 model with current one SSID using hotspot authentication method. The hotspot authen is sent from router. Now I want to create another SSID but using password authen instead hotspot. 

I don't know how to configure it.

• 2.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 12:14 AM

If this is ArubaOS 6.x, the easiest way is to use Configuration> WLAN/LAN Wizard to create an SSID.

• 3.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:11 AM

I already try but it stil influenced by hotspot authen.

• 4.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:14 AM

Please explain.

• 5.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:21 AM

I have one Mikrotik router running as hotspot authentication for first SSID. One Aruba Controller 7010 as controller for all access point. Everyone will see a banner before can access my wifi network. It's use for guest.

Now I want to setup another SSID in controller using for internal client, with the password WPA2 authentication. 

When I create new SSID like you said, even I try to using password method for it, it still apply the hotspot authen.

• 6.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:49 AM

If the Microtik router is the default gateway for clients and intercepts all traffic with a hotspot, there is nothing you can do.  You could remove the hotspot function from the Microtik and put it on the Aruba Controller, instead...That way you can create a second SSID that does not have the hotspot functionality.

• 7.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

Posted Mar 04, 2019 01:54 AM

I can understand your recommend. But the problem in here is that, I don't know how to configure properly for hotspot authen in Aruba controller so I have to use the way enable hotspot on mikrotik router.

Try to figure out around the community but still not found any suitable result. The hotspot redirect to another cloud so I don't know to start from where.

• 8.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 07:25 AM

The other way is if the microtik router has a different VLAN that has internet access that does not have the hotspot enabled.  You would then put the WLAN users on that 'VLAN.

The harder way is to figure out what paramaters are needed for the hospot and configure those parameters on the Aruba, instead.

• 9.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

Posted Mar 04, 2019 08:09 AM

So if I understand right about your idea, that mean I have to go to mikrotik router, create a new VLAN and don't make hotspot on this. Then in Aruba Controller 7010, I create new WLAN and point it to that VLAN, right?

• 10.  RE: 2 SSID on Aruba Controller 7010 with different method

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 08:51 AM

If that is possible, that would be the only way around your current issue.