Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

6.5.2.0 AP Discovery Logic

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  6.5.2.0 AP Discovery Logic

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:22 AM

I have a question in regards to the new "unified APs" that are now rolling out.

In our environment we have both controller based APs and controller-less APs. In the past this was not an issue because an IAP would be controller-less unless you chose to "convert" them to campus APs and this worked very well for us. Release 6.5.2.0 has reversed this process and it causing me some issues, because now the APs are looking for a controller BEFORE even looking if there exists a controller-less AP on the nework.

I have read page 68 of the 6.5.3.0 user guide that states to convert it to standalone mode and let it connect that way but that process is not working for me.

I have also attempted to disable ADP on the controller without any luck.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

• 2.  RE: 6.5.2.0 AP Discovery Logic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:53 AM

Are you trying to prevent a UAP from finding a controller on the same subnet?  What are you trying to do?

• 3.  RE: 6.5.2.0 AP Discovery Logic

Posted Oct 04, 2017 11:59 AM

Essentially, I would like the UAP to find the other APs (controller-less) on the same subnet before it attempts to connect to the controller that is in a different site and different subnet.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: 6.5.2.0 AP Discovery Logic

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 04, 2017 02:52 PM

The only thing you can do is make sure that it cannot find a controller via DNS, which would mean manipulating the dns domain in the DHCP server on that network to not supply the domain in aruba-master.<domain>.