Controllerless Networks

PAF
Contributor I

Re: AP 105 Controller on IAP 105 network

Hi HLavender, thanks for the advise but yeah, my budget is tighter than $1,500 (nearer $500) but thanks for the advise. Would a 3400-US be usable in the UK?

Highlighted
Contributor II

Yes, but as mentioned before, the 3400 series controller will not support past Aruba AOS 6.4, which will work. I have a 3000 series controller running AP-105 on AOS 6.4.x in the lab.

If you are an Aruba partner, check with your channel representative to see if you can get a discount on equipment. I was able to get 80% off of list price for a controller that I use in the lab. So the controller went from $1500 to $300 USD.

Things may have recently changed so this will need to be verified.

Thanks,

-HLavender

Contributor II

Oh, I just realized that you stated 3400-US. I do not believe that the 3400-US should be used outside of the United States of America. I'm not sure of the part number required for the UK...maybe a 3400-RW.

Contributor II

http://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_A3000.pdf

Looks like the part number is Aruba 3400. Since the 3400 is End Of Sale, I assume that you currently have one or will purchase one from eBay or other third party site.

PAF
Contributor I

Hi HLavender,

Yeah I'm looking at an Ebay item or third party as you have mentioned. There are plenty of controllers available from the US but obviously if they built for use in the US only they're useless to me in the UK. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for a compatible unit. Thanks for the info anyway, it's much appreciated..

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: