Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105 DHCP times out

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP 105 DHCP times out

Posted Jan 10, 2013 12:01 PM

I'm wondering if anyone can help me.  I haven't been able to find any information regarding this problem.

I have mostly Cisco AP 1100 but am slowly replacing/adding Instant 105 APs.

Right now I have 3 of them at one site.  The APs are all on their own VLAN.  Clients connect to another VLAN.  DHCP is handed out by my Windows server.  All of my switches and VLANs have ip helper addresses set up on them.

After awhile, I start getting DHCP timeout errors.  I can't see any reason why this would be happening.  If I reboot the Aruba AP's then they are working fine.   It also seems around that time, or not long after, any clients already connected no longer have access to the network.

When I set up my first AP 105, it was on my main VLAN.  Periodically my network would pretty much slow to a crawl.  I eventually figured out that it was the AP 105.  As soon as I unplugged it everything was normal.   I was never able to figure out what it was doing, and was the reason why I have them on their own VLAN. 

I don't know if the two problems have anything in common.  I haven't had a chance to put a sniffer on the VLAN and see if the network is being saturated about the time my DHCP quits working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: AP 105 DHCP times out

Posted Apr 09, 2013 06:24 PM

1.can you post the configuration of the port that AP is connected to?

2. what version are the APs running?

4. are the APs statically assigned or do they use DHCP also?

• 3.  RE: AP 105 DHCP times out

Posted Sep 19, 2013 03:11 AM

I'm seeing the same DHCP timeout log messages from our IAP 105s.  Did you ever track this down?

-- Eric

• 4.  RE: AP 105 DHCP times out

Posted Nov 07, 2013 08:34 AM

I have been having this and the link form our office and dhcp serever is a gig and never gets hammered..Is there a timeout value we can tweek?

• 5.  RE: AP 105 DHCP times out

Posted Nov 07, 2013 09:08 AM

where are you seeing the dhcp timeout messages - on your windows dhcp server or on the controller (and the controller is the dhcp server)?

• 6.  RE: AP 105 DHCP times out

Posted Nov 07, 2013 11:11 AM

On instant..thought I posted this but don't see it