Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-315 CANNOT JOIN INTO VIRTUAL CONTROLLER

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  AP-315 CANNOT JOIN INTO VIRTUAL CONTROLLER

Posted Jun 03, 2020 06:21 AM

Hi all,

i need your help.

i have 20 devices with IAP-315-RW series and join with controllerless using (Aruba instant OS 8.6.0.4). when i wrong buy new devices with 2 Aruba AP-315 Series (which different type devices), those devices cannot be joined into VC.

My question is AP-315 cannot be join with IAP-315-RW in same VC ?

• 2.  RE: AP-315 CANNOT JOIN INTO VIRTUAL CONTROLLER
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2020 07:17 AM

Hi,

AP-315 requires a controller to function unlike Instant or Unified APs. So, it will not be able to join your existing virtual controller.

• 3.  RE: AP-315 CANNOT JOIN INTO VIRTUAL CONTROLLER

Posted Jun 03, 2020 10:31 PM

Thanks for your solution ayman,

the conclusion is AP-315 have different controller than IAP-315-RW, is'nt it ?

if i migrate to appliance controller, is it possible to join them in one cluster ?

Many thanks,

Aufar

• 4.  RE: AP-315 CANNOT JOIN INTO VIRTUAL CONTROLLER

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 05:52 PM

That's correct. The AP-315 does not have the software to participate in an Instant virtual-controller configuration that the IAP-315s are using. While the AP-315 can only operate with the appliance controller, the IAP-315s can be converted to also operate with an appliance controller as well as the current Instant virtual-controller.

@gaarakazekage wrote:

Thanks for your solution ayman,

the conclusion is AP-315 have different controller than IAP-315-RW, is'nt it ?

if i migrate to appliance controller, is it possible to join them in one cluster ?