Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 505 and AP-375 do not joint the cluster

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  AP 505 and AP-375 do not joint the cluster

Posted May 23, 2020 02:37 PM

Hi,

Has really strange issue: there is a working cluster with AP-375 as VC and the rest 6 x AP-505 and the latest 8.6.0.4 image

I want to joint another AP-375 and AP-505 to the cluster after 8.6.0.4 image and factory reset.

New AP take DHCP addresses with same as cluster network. I can ping them. When I tried to browse them via chrome I have redirected to VC home page - that is good. After 15-30-45-55 min situation is the same - nothing happened. AP's do not join cluster.

The only after reboot of all cluster I can see new AP's joined.

This is not good behavior, Any guess?

• 2.  RE: AP 505 and AP-375 do not joint the cluster

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 25, 2020 03:54 AM

If you have the same type of APs, as you mention, please check:

- Are the new APs of the same type and regional code, check the sticker on the back which should show something like AP-505-RW / AP-505-US, or AP-375-RW / AP-375-US; as well the suffix should match between the 505 and 375.

- Do you have the AP autojoin enabled on the VC (enabled by default)

- Check the AP console logs on the VC and the joining AP for an indication why they won't join. The AP-375 can use a standard micro-USB cable to access the console, so I would check those first.

If that doesn't bring any light, I would contact Aruba TAC Support to have a look together.