Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

ARM settings and survey

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  ARM settings and survey

Posted Sep 26, 2020 12:13 PM

I have an AP515 with 8.6 OS and i am little confused with the arm functions and survey.

I have an indoor open  area of 9,500 SF with 20' ceiling.

I setup one AP almost default, setup the ssid and did the survey. very low reading even near the ap between -68 and -58

* have to powered with PoE switch since the radio was in a 5min power loop

I setup another AP convert to stand alone, setup ssid and dhcp server  but instead of automatic radio management  i choose a free channel and 15dbw as power , the reading where -58 to -40

* this one remian powered with just an injector

* both APs were just powered, meaning it didnt have any client associate to it.

my confusion is how ARM correlate with the survey readings.

1. its because since it have no client assoc. the power is at minimum hence the reading difference as when the power is preset at 15dbw?

2. whats the difference between :

under Configuration->Access Points->Radio and choose between ARM and admin assigned and choose channel and power and

under Configuration->RF->access point control min and max power and

under Configuration->RF->radio and under each band customize the default profile arm power range 

• 2.  RE: ARM settings and survey

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 26, 2020 06:31 PM

For survey purpose disable ARM to set your power requirements fixed during a survey. 

https://blog.theitrebel.com/2018/11/13/aruba-iap-site-survey/

Sitenote: On a controller-based environment with mobility controllers you can use "ap-freeze" for temporarily put the tx power fixed during a survey.