Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

Posted Mar 25, 2019 08:42 PM

Hello,  I have a pair of IAP515s running together on 8.4.0.0.  I am using POE from a Cisco 2960X and have each AP connecting to a channel-group that is set to active.  The issue I am encountering is that which ever AP is the master will drop the LAG.  If I SSH into the VC or the Master, I can run show ap-env and see that lacp_mode is enabled but when I do show lacp status, eth1 is not up or even in the LAG.  If I SSH to the secondary, and do the same, I can see both interfaces up and both interfaces are members of LAG.  If I then reboot the Master so the secondary takes over, it switches.  The issue seems to be following the VC/Master.  I have enabled lacp on each of the APs via lacp-mode enable.

I have set the switches interfaces to an array of options and it thas no affect other than possibly making an AP inaccessible.  Settings include channel-group mode active, channel-group mode on, power inline static, power inline never, power inline X

Any pointers to possibly solving this issue?

• 2.  RE: Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2019 05:13 AM

No guarantees, but  8.4.0.1  was just posted in support.arubanetworks.com

• 3.  RE: Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

Posted Mar 26, 2019 09:00 AM

Interesting, do you have a link?  I cannot locate anything 8.4 on the support/firmware site and it is not populating within the VC.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

Posted Mar 28, 2019 09:12 AM

Anyone else seeing this or something similar?  I've read about issues with non Aruba switches and POE as well as workarounds but they did not work in my case.

• 5.  RE: Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

Posted Mar 28, 2019 08:21 PM

Updated to 8.4.0.1 and no luck.  Is my interpretation of LACP/LAG on these IAPs incorrect?

• 6.  RE: Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2019 09:46 PM

No, but you should open a TAC case to see what in specific is wrong.

• 7.  RE: Active 515 VC/Master drops LAG

Posted Apr 07, 2019 08:37 PM

When I reasearched this topic a few months ago I discovered that when the LAG is configured on the switch side, the IAP side happens automatically, there isn't much or any config you can do on the AP side.