Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 7.7.9 - doesn't like my template variables (it used to)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave 7.7.9 - doesn't like my template variables (it used to)

Posted Feb 25, 2014 07:55 PM

I use template variables to control several configuration variations in my store iAP-swarms.

For example:

name %hostname%
    organization %organization%
    syslog-level info
    %if %custom_variable_9%
    terminal-access
    %endif%

Today, I'm modifying an template for the last "standard" firmware revision to make a template for the "upgrade" we're preparing to deploy, and I get this when I try to save and apply:

Invalid variables in template: %guid%;%organization%;%if %custom_variable_9%;%clock_timezone%;%if %custom_variable_10%;%custom_variable_10%;%rf_band%;%password%;%ams_identity%;%allowed_aps%;%if %custom_variable_2%;%if %custom_variable_3%;%if %custom_variable_4%;%if %custom_variable_5%.

I didn't see anythin in the release notes about changes in the variable use, and the template edit-page appears to like my use - in that the templates are greyed-out or bolded when I use or disuse them.

• 2.  RE: Airwave 7.7.9 - doesn't like my template variables (it used to)
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 25, 2014 08:06 PM

Answering my own question.

Aruba has changed the format of an if statement.

Was %if %variable%

Now %if variable%

Interestingly they forgot to update the template editor, which now thinks I'm not using several variables.