Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central splash page with AD authentication

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central splash page with AD authentication

Posted Mar 21, 2018 05:32 PM

Hi experts,

I have a customer who has a cluster of Instant APs, and he wants to use Aruba Central Splash page for his guest network, and he also wants to authenticate the guest users through AD. I have seen the options for this, but when I select the "Cloud Guest" option in the "Splash Page Type" field under the "Security" tab, no options appear for authenticate users through an authentication server:

cloud_guest.JPG

In order to be able to authenticate users through an authentication server (LDAP or RADIUS), I have to set this field to "Internal Authenticated", which means the splash page is the embedded Instant splash page (which is very poor), or to "External", where the captive portal is hosted in an external server and not in Aruba Central.

Is there any option to use the Aruba Central splash page and authenticate the users through a RADIUS/LDAP server at the same time? I want to be completely sure before giving a formal answer to customer. Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central splash page with AD authentication
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2018 06:07 PM

If you setup Cloud Guest, you are tied to the Central Authentication and no external auth. If you want to do this, ClearPass would be the best option today.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central splash page with AD authentication

Posted Mar 21, 2018 06:16 PM
    Hi mnarine,

Yes, I know this is possible with ClearPass. It is a pity the big Aruba Central doesn't allow this option of authentication, and it let us in disadvantage against some competitors which do offer cloud splash page and LDAP/RADIUS authentication simultaneously.
    Many thanks for the confirmation.

Regards,
    Julián